Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Manuscripts should be typed in MS-Word. Text may kindly be limited to 5000 to 7000 words and for book reviews 700-800 words. With double spaced, font size 12 point, font style ‘Times New Roman’, A4 Paper size and APA referencing style 6th edition.
The title page should:
- present an appropriate title of article
- list full names, institutional and email addresses of all authors
- indicate the corresponding author
The abstract should briefly summarize the aim, findings or purpose of the article. Please minimize the use of abbreviations and do not cite references in the abstract.
Mention five to six keywords representing the main content of the article.
Introduction should explain the background to the study, its aims, a summary of the existing literature and why this study was necessary.
Discussion / Main Body
For research articles this section should discuss the implications of the findings in context of existing research and highlight limitations of the study. For methodology manuscripts this section should include a discussion of any practical or operational issues involved in performing the study and any issues not covered in other sections.
For reviews this should contain the body of the article, and may also be broken into subsections with short, informative headings.
For case studies this should describe the pros and the cons of the intervention, with a realistic evaluation of its feasibility and effectiveness.
Conclusion / Results
This should state clearly the main conclusions and provide an explanation of their relevance or importance to the field.
If the paper is based on the case studies than conclusion should state what was learnt, what the next steps should be, and, if possible, what contingency planning may be required for those steps.
Preparing Supporting Information
Please make sure you have the following information available before you submit your manuscript.
Full names, email addresses and contact numbers of author(s) on your manuscript.
Submit a cover letter that includes the following information.
- Contribution of all authors.
- Confirmation that the manuscript is unpublished and is not submitted elsewhere for publication.
- Confirmation that all authors have approved the manuscript for submission.
You may suggest potential peer reviewers for PJIA. If you wish to do so, please provide their institutional email addresses and contact numbers, or any information which will help the Editor to verify their identity.
- Copyright on any article in Pakistan Journal of International Affairs published by Society for Social Sciences and Research Association (SSSARA) is retained by the author(s).
- Authors permit SSSARA to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- Submitting your article means you accept the terms and conditions of Pakistan Journal of International Affairs.
Section default policy
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.